What does the qualification cover?
This is the first step of the ladder for people without ‘A’ level qualifications or significant accounting experience. On this introductory course we provide tuition on basic accounting theory and practical subjects. You will learn:
Basic Accounting 1
Basic Accounting 2
Work Effectively in Accounting
Computerised Accounting Software
The AAT’s qualifications sit within the QCF in providing a competence based qualification. The QCF is a new way of recognising skills and achievement through the award of credit for units and qualifications. It aims to provide greater flexibility and choice to gaining full qualifications.
Who is it suitable for?
Anyone who is serious about their professional career in accounting and has some financial knowledge.
What are the entry requirements?
You should have a good standard of literacy and numeracy and normally should possess 4 GCSEs at Grade C/D or above, 2 of which must be English and Maths. Mature learners may be accepted without these formal qualifications
How is it assessed?
Lectures; discussion and debate; group work; presentations; reading and writing exercises and interactive learning
|Start Dates:||Please call 0208 507 7288 or email email@example.com for dates|
|Course & Qualification:||Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) Level 2 Certificate in Accounting (Evening)|
|Duration:||Usually 36 weeks|
|Progression route||AAT qualification not only provides you status and recognition for the Technician role, but also gives you a route to a qualification with Chartered Professional Accountancy bodies: CIMA, ACCA, CIPFA etc|
On completion of the course we follow up with our students on their next step. Our dedicated career advisors go through all the options that are available to the individual candidate for career development. We assess and help to identify further training needs if relevant or assist them to find work. Our next step activities include but are not limited to;
- Help with writing their CV
- Interviewing tips and practice
- Training candidates on how to use electronic media for work search activities
- Referrals and Introductions to partner and associate companies for work trails, apprenticeships and employment
- Identifying and enrolling candidates on relevant courses top further improve employability skills
- Providing free introduction courses to building enterprises and setting up small businesses
- Introducing relevant candidates to partner and associate companies for further enterprise assistance and funding