What does the qualification cover?
This is the second step of the ladder for people without “A” level qualifications or significant accounting experience. On this course we provide tuition in accounting theory and practical subjects. You will learn:
Accounts Preparation 1
Accounts Preparation 2
Costs & Revenues
Professional ethics in Accounting and Finance
The AAT’s qualifications sit within the QCF in providing a competence based qualification. The QCF is a new way of recognising skills and achievement through the award of credit for units and qualifications. It aims to provide greater flexibility and choice to gaining full qualifications
Who is it suitable for?
Anyone who is serious about their professional career in Accounting
What are the entry requirements?
You should have a good standard of literacy and numeracy and normally should possess the AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting or equivalent. Or mature learners with over 4 years working experience within an Accounting and Finance function.
How is it assessed?
Lectures; discussions and debates; group work; presentations and interactive learning
At this level of the AAT qualifications, you are assessed by 5 computer-based tests and 2 computer-based projects which you have to be successful to pas
|Start Dates:||Please call 0208 507 7288 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for dates|
|Course & Qualification:||Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) Level 3 Diploma in Accounting|
|Duration:||36 weeks on average|
|Progression route||The AAT qualification not only provides you status and recognition for the Technician role, but also gives you a route to a qualification with Chartered Professional Accountancy bodies: CIMA, ACCA, CIPFA etc|
On completion of the course we follow up with our students on their next step. Our dedicated career advisers go through all the options that are available to the individual candidate for career development. We assess and help to identify further training needs if relevant or assist them to find work. Our next step activities include but are not limited to;
- Help with writing their CV
- Interviewing tips and practice
- Training candidates on how to use electronic media for work search activities
- Referrals and Introductions to partner and associate companies for work trails, apprenticeships and employment
- Identifying and enrolling candidates on relevant courses top further improve employability skills
- Providing free introduction courses to building enterprises and setting up small businesses
- Introducing relevant candidates to partner and associate companies for further enterprise assistance and funding