CITY & GUILDS LEVEL 2 BRICKLAYING (5 WEEKS)
This course covers all aspects of bricklaying and is intended for those that want to gain practical skills and knowledge in order to gain entry into the professional bricklaying industry or develop their skills and knowledge as a professional bricklayer.
This is a professional trade qualification and you will gain a level 2 City & Guilds Certificate on completion of this course. The course covers the following units;
Health & Safety and PPE
• How to set out building lines
• Brick and block work
• Ensure walls are square and vertical
• Build a corner, a pillar, a pier and a cavity wall
• English Bond, Flemish Bond, Stretcher Bond
• How to do pointing for face work
• How to put in a damp course
• How to put in lintels and windows
Throughout the programme you will be assessed on the following City & Guilds 6218 units:
- Introducing levelling in construction – Check the accuracy of levelling equipment and transfer levels using a spirit level and straight edge.
- Introducing brickwork skills – Construct cavity wall and joint brick and block work
- Developing brickwork skills – install ventilation, insulation, wall ties, form stopped ends, lay to building line and joint.
- Developing quoin skills – Dry bonding and construction of different styles of brick quoins.
- Developing blockwork skills – Construct blockwork, install lintel, wall ties, insulation and form stopped ends and cavity closer including VDPC.
- Expanding brickwork skills – Set out, gauge, level and plumb, construct cavity wall and detailing of brick/block walling
|Start Dates:||Please call 0208 507 7288 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for dates|
|Course & Qualification:||Plastering (City & Guilds Level 2 qualification)|
On completion of the course we follow up with our students on their next step. Our dedicated career advisors go through all the options that are available to the individual candidate for career development. We assess and help to identify further training needs if relevant or assist them to find work. Our next step activities include but are not limited to;
- Help with writing their CV
- Interviewing tips and practice
- Training candidates on how to use electronic media for work search activities
- Referrals and Introductions to partner and associate companies for work trails, apprenticeships and employment
- Identifying and enrolling candidates on relevant courses top further improve employability skills
- Providing free introduction courses to building enterprises and setting up small businesses
- Introducing relevant candidates to partner and associate companies for further enterprise assistance and funding