The City & Guilds 2399-11 course has superseded the 2372 qualification. This is the main qualification you need to achieve in order to become a qualified and MCS accredited Solar PV installer. Following this course you can also qualify in maintenance of Solar PV equipment. This City & Guilds qualification is very thorough and is very highly regarded throughout the UK. Combining this with our exceptional facilities ensures a first class training experience. After training on our specially designed single storey training roof we aim to send you confident that you can undertake a real solar PV installation the very next day.
This City & Guilds 2399 solar PV course will give you a solid grounding and hands on experience in fitting real solar PV equipment. We have worked hard to make our centre the best which is why we are currently the only training company in the UK to carry out this training on a single storey training roof. You will receive hands on training with PAF bags, ginn wheels, pulleys and real solar panels on 2 different types of tiles.
This market is booming and there is a huge demand for Solar PV installers. As an existing domestic electrical installer this qualification could take your career to a whole new level.
The City & Guilds 2399-11 qualification is recognised by the MCS accreditation board and will be an important step to gaining MCS accreditation in Solar PV installation. Check out our MCS FAQ’s for more information.
This 2399 Solar PV course is intended for qualified electricians who want to install grid connected domestic photovoltaic systems that are either integrated into, or retro fitted onto, a domestic property. You will need the following:
N/SVQ 3 in Electrical Installation (Building Structures) or equivalent earlier certification (e.g. 2356)
If not covered by the above you must also have passed your 17th Edition Wiring Regulations.
Please contact us for advice as to whether or not you are suitable on 01293 529777. If you do not meet this criteria you may wish to consider our BPEC PV course may be more suitable for you.
In order to attend this 5 day course you should have already completed the 2399-01 module covering renewable energy awareness.
The topics covered during the course include the following:
In this part of the course we train you on real life scenarios, on properly constructed roofs, erected scaffolding, using working at heights kit including harnesses and manual handling equipment.
- Photovoltaic systems, real solar panels!
- Standards and Regulations/Guidelines and Codes of Practice
- Safety, scaffolding and harness equipment
- PV system components
- Position and fixes
- Inverter and electrical protection
- Performance monitoring
- PV Modules and arrays
- AC System and metering
- Understanding the DC system
- Installations, fitting panels to a roof, roofing construction and differing tile types.
- Commissioning and testing, connecting to the grid.
- Customer care, the science and the advice to give to your customer to ensure a properly working and efficient installation.
- Also included as an added extra to the qualification is a route to MCS accreditation element to give you useful and important information about the options open to you.
|Start Dates:||Please call 0208 507 7288 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for dates|
|Course & Qualification:||Solar VP Installation (City & Guilds)|
On completion of the course we follow up with our students on their next step. Our dedicated career advisors go through all the options that are available to the individual candidate for career development. We assess and help to identify further training needs if relevant or assist them to find work. Our next step activities include but are not limited to;
- Help with writing their CV
- Interviewing tips and practice
- Training candidates on how to use electronic media for work search activities
- Referrals and Introductions to partner and associate companies for work trails, apprenticeships and employment
- Identifying and enrolling candidates on relevant courses top further improve employability skills
- Providing free introduction courses to building enterprises and setting up small businesses
- Introducing relevant candidates to partner and associate companies for further enterprise assistance and funding