About the course:
It is aimed at practicing electricians and others like Designers, Surveyors, Consultants and other trades who need to demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of the IEE wiring regulations.
It is intended to ensure that candidates are conversant with the format, content and application of the Regulations
It covers the following 8 areas:
- Scope, Object and Fundamental Principles
- Assessment of general characteristics
- Protection for Safety
- Selection and Erection of Equipment
- Inspection & testing
- Special Locations and Installations
There are no formal entry requirements. However, candidates require a basic knowledge of electrical science, in addition to commitment and hard work.
It takes 4-days to complete, and mode of attendance is 1-day/week for 4 weeks
Method of assessment:
On-line exam (Students are notified of their results right after their online exam)
Level 3 Certificate in the Requirements for Electrical Installations BS7671:2008
Whats included in the fee:
The fee covers City & Guilds Registration, Teaching Material/Resourses and Online Examination.
NB: Student must purchase and read the IEE Wiring Regulations 17th Edition (BS 7671: 2008) book, prior to the course start date.
On completion of the course we follow up with our students on their next step. Our dedicated career advisors go through all the options that are available to the individual candidate for career development. We assess and help to identify further training needs if relevant or assist them to find work. Our next step activities include but are not limited to;
- Help with writing their CV
- Interviewing tips and practice
- Training candidates on how to use electronic media for work search activities
- Referrals and Introductions to partner and associate companies for work trails, apprenticeships and employment
- Identifying and enrolling candidates on relevant courses top further improve employability skills
- Providing free introduction courses to building enterprises and setting up small businesses
- Introducing relevant candidates to partner and associate companies for further enterprise assistance and funding