This one day update course was for those electricians who already have their 16th Editions Regulations.
It was an intensive one day update course that bought you up to current 17th Edition regulations.
This course aims to update delegates on the significant differences between the 16th and 17th editions. It will, therefore focus on the main additions and alterations that have been incorporated in the BS 7671 2008 (17th) edition.
It is intended to ensure that they are conversant with the format, content and the application of the current edition of the Requirements for Electrical Installations BS 7671: 2008 (17th edition).
Your suitability for this course will depend on your existing electrical qualifications (see entry requirements below.)
This course and qualification is suitable for practicing electricians, domestic electrical installers, contract managers, allied trades and other related trades with a good working knowledge of 16th Edition Wiring regs, who have already achieved the City & Guilds Certificate 16th Edition (BS 7671: 2001) (2381) or recognized equivalent to the City & Guilds 2381 since June 2001.
You only need to update your knowledge and attend our 1 day course and take the online test. This updated qualification is called the 2382-20.
The course covers the following;
The course consists of classroom instruction and culminates in a multiple choice online test covering the underpinning knowledge relating to the content and application of BS 7671 17th Edition. The exam is ‘open book’, which means that during the one hour exam you will be able to refer to the 17th edition book.
There are eight units that make up the course relating to Parts 1-7 and the Appendices of BS 7671:2008:
- Scope, object and fundamental principles
- Assessment of general characteristics
- Protection for safety
- Selection and erection of equipment
- Inspection and testing
- Special installations or locations
|Start Dates:||Please call 0208 507 7288 or email email@example.com for dates|
|Course & Qualification:||17th Edition Update Course (City & Guilds)|
On completion of the course we follow up with our students on their next step. Our dedicated career advisors go through all the options that are available to the individual candidate for career development. We assess and help to identify further training needs if relevant or assist them to find work. Our next step activities include but are not limited to;
- Help with writing their CV
- Interviewing tips and practice
- Training candidates on how to use electronic media for work search activities
- Referrals and Introductions to partner and associate companies for work trails, apprenticeships and employment
- Identifying and enrolling candidates on relevant courses top further improve employability skills
- Providing free introduction courses to building enterprises and setting up small businesses
- Introducing relevant candidates to partner and associate companies for further enterprise assistance and funding