It will be important for many people to get to grips with Solar Thermal technology. In many companies there will be a need for project managers, architects, specifiers and even sales people to understand theory, principles and good practice of solar thermal hot water systems.
With the introduction of the renewable heat incentive installations of solar thermal hot water systems are on the increase.
You will be trained along side plumbing and heating engineers who are training to install the equipment. This will help you understand the real world implications of installing these systems. We will teach you the theory and then you will gain hands on experience on specially designed training roofs, fitting solar thermal panels and tubes. You will then have to connect these to the hot water tanks in the rooms.
You do not require any formal qualifications to take this course. However some knowledge of building and / or plumbing may be useful. This course is ideal for architects, project managers, sales people, building control, specifiers or anyone that wants in depth knowledge of how solar thermal works and is installed without the need to actually install it themselves.
The course covers the following content:
- Introduction to Domestic Solar Thermal Hot Water systems
- History of solar thermal and the current market
- Types of Solar Thermal Collectors
- Hot Water Storage and Installation bases
- Site surveying & preparing to install systems
- Fitting collectors of solar collectors onto a tiled roof
- Practical Installation of panels
- Connecting panels and tubes to unvented hot water cylinders
- Plumbing layout & design
- Control and Power Requirements
- Commissioning and fault finding
- MCS funding and grants
- Payback periods for solar thermal installations
- You will take an open book multiple choice exam.
|Start Dates:||Please call 0208 507 7288 or email email@example.com for dates|
|Course & Qualification:||Solar Thermal Hot Water|
On completion of the course we follow up with our students on their next step. Our dedicated career advisors go through all the options that are available to the individual candidate for career development. We assess and help to identify further training needs if relevant or assist them to find work. Our next step activities include but are not limited to;
- Help with writing their CV
- Interviewing tips and practice
- Training candidates on how to use electronic media for work search activities
- Referrals and Introductions to partner and associate companies for work trails, apprenticeships and employment
- Identifying and enrolling candidates on relevant courses top further improve employability skills
- Providing free introduction courses to building enterprises and setting up small businesses
- Introducing relevant candidates to partner and associate companies for further enterprise assistance and funding