This certificate of electrical installation course is theory based and is intended for the personnel in electrical contracting companies who have responsibility for the quality of the design, specification, installation and inspection and testing processes. It addresses, in particular the implications of the wiring regulations for electrical installations.
This qualification is intended for experienced personnel working in the electrical industry. If you are looking to develop your skills and keep up to date with requirements this course is for you. This 6 day course will provide you with all the necessary information and knowledge to design and erect an electrical installation, with the focus being on cable sizing and management, taking account of environmental influences, routing and suitability for purpose.
Before undertaking this qualification candidates should have already achieved the City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations (2391-10). It is also strongly recommended that candidates have achieved the City & Guilds Certificate in the requirements for electrical installations (2382) or similar qualifications where candidates have demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the 17th Edition. This course has an age restriction of 18 years and older.
The course covers the following;
- Applicable Regulations and Standards.
- Assessment of general characteristics of an installation.
- Selection of Wiring systems.
- Methods of protection against electric shock, thermal effects and over current.
- Cable selection and design.
- Discrimination and diversity.
- Isolation, switching and control.
- Earthing and earthing systems.
- Special installations.
- Inspection and testing.
- Documentation and certification.
- Project design guidance.
|Start Dates:||Please call 0208 507 7288 or email email@example.com for dates|
|Course & Qualification:||Cert of Electrician Installation (City & Guilds)|
On completion of the course we follow up with our students on their next step. Our dedicated career advisors go through all the options that are available to the individual candidate for career development. We assess and help to identify further training needs if relevant or assist them to find work. Our next step activities include but are not limited to;
- Help with writing their CV
- Interviewing tips and practice
- Training candidates on how to use electronic media for work search activities
- Referrals and Introductions to partner and associate companies for work trails, apprenticeships and employment
- Identifying and enrolling candidates on relevant courses top further improve employability skills
- Providing free introduction courses to building enterprises and setting up small businesses
- Introducing relevant candidates to partner and associate companies for further enterprise assistance and funding