This ‘Initial’ inspection and testing 2392 course has been designed and developed by the electrical industry with City & Guilds. This particular course has been created specifically for Domestic Electrical Installers, existing contractors wishing to up skill and those unfamiliar to inspection and testing. It’s a ‘must have’ if you intend to work on domestic installations which will need to be inspected, tested and certified in accordance with the latest Part P Building Regulations.
Testing and Inspection is often a difficult subject for even the most experienced of electricians. The City and Guilds 2392 Inspection and testing qualification, not only demystifies testing, it also provides you with a qualification and certificate to show you are competent to undertake the work.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification. However we must ensure that all our candidates have the potential and opportunity to successfully gain this qualification.
Candidates are expected to have a basic knowledge and understanding of electrical science and principles and experience of electrical installation either within the electrical industry or allied trade.
City and Guilds will not accept any registrations for candidates under the age of 18.
The course covers the following content;
This 2392 course covers both practical hands on skills as well as theory teaching. It is taught in a dual purpose classroom which allows you to put in to practice the the skills as and when you learn them. The course covers:
- Preparation for initial inspection and testing
- Electrical Inspection & Testing
- Training in the use of multi function testing meters
- Safe isolation procedures and equipment
- Inspection & testing documentation
- Continuity of Protective Conductors
- Continuity of Ring final circuit conductors
- Insulation Resistance
- Protection by SELV
- Earth Electrode resistance
- Earth fault loop impedence
- RCD testing
- Prospective fault current
- Verification of volt drop
|Start Dates:||Please call 0208 507 7288 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for dates|
|Course & Qualification:||Inspection & Testing Course (City & Guilds)|
On completion of the course we follow up with our students on their next step. Our dedicated career advisors go through all the options that are available to the individual candidate for career development. We assess and help to identify further training needs if relevant or assist them to find work. Our next step activities include but are not limited to;
- Help with writing their CV
- Interviewing tips and practice
- Training candidates on how to use electronic media for work search activities
- Referrals and Introductions to partner and associate companies for work trails, apprenticeships and employment
- Identifying and enrolling candidates on relevant courses top further improve employability skills
- Providing free introduction courses to building enterprises and setting up small businesses
- Introducing relevant candidates to partner and associate companies for further enterprise assistance and funding