The world of Solar PV is growing fast and as well as the domestic market, we are seeing demand grow for small scale installations. In order to deliver small scale installations you will need to fully understand the G59 processes and requirements. This one day course will do exactly that and allow you to start accepting those larger jobs that were previously out of your reach.
This course is designed to give existing Solar PV installers the knowledge and ability to design and install commercial small sized systems. This is a niche which is very new and still in great demand. If you are interested in focusing on fewer but larger contracts then this course will equip you with the knowledge to do exactly that.
There are no pre-requisites for this G59 Course. However this G59 course is ideal for the experienced Solar PV installer looking to move into larger commercial installations.
The course covers the following:
This short course aims to give installers a detailed overview of the Energy Networks Association’s Engineering Recommendation G59/2 (August 2010). It is assumed that Installers are already familiar with the G83/1 Engineering Recommendation (June 2008). Whilst parts of this course are applicable to all types of generators, it is especially suitable for PV installers wanting to install PV installations larger than 3.66kW per phase (11kW 3 phase).
- The UK power sector & the role of distributed generation
- The Scope of G59/2
- Factors affecting connection costs and ongoing charges
- The connection process
- Completion of the connection application form
- System Design and G59 Protection requirements
- Commissioning and Decommissioning
- FIT eligibility routes for larger installations
- Text books required:
- None – Course materials and booklet will be provided.
- Exams & Qualifications
- There will be a 1 ½ hour open book written exam (Course materials allowed).
- Course Code: TS4U-G59
- What’s next?:
- After completing this qualification we recommend:
|Start Dates:||Please call 0208 507 7288 or email email@example.com for dates|
|Course & Qualification:||Small Scale PV Installation|
On completion of the course we follow up with our students on their next step. Our dedicated career advisors go through all the options that are available to the individual candidate for career development. We assess and help to identify further training needs if relevant or assist them to find work. Our next step activities include but are not limited to;
- Help with writing their CV
- Interviewing tips and practice
- Training candidates on how to use electronic media for work search activities
- Referrals and Introductions to partner and associate companies for work trails, apprenticeships and employment
- Identifying and enrolling candidates on relevant courses top further improve employability skills
- Providing free introduction courses to building enterprises and setting up small businesses
- Introducing relevant candidates to partner and associate companies for further enterprise assistance and funding