This course is for those that as part of their work duties work with forward tipping dumpers. It is a legal requirement that those working with forward tipping dumpers should receive suitable and sufficient training for safety purposes.
This course is to train novice and existing operators who have no formal training. The course covers the following;
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator.
- Name and explain the purpose of principle components, the basic construction, controls and terminology.
- Confirm with Manufacturer’s requirements as per the operators handbook, other types of information source and the relevant regulations and legislation.
- Undertake all pre-use checks.
- Configure and ready for travel (site and highway).
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, steep inclines and level surfaces – loaded and unloaded.
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces whilst carrying loads.
- Ensure the suitability of the tipping and loading area.
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
- Position to receive loads.
- Comply with loading procedures.
- Ensure Loading integrity and security.
- Transfer loads to different locations.
- Discharge loads into trenches and over edges.
- Maintain safe and tidy working areas.
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures.
- Explain loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting.
Trained operators must pass both the CPCS theory test and the practical test to achieve the red card.
|Start Dates:||Please call 0208 507 7288 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for dates|
|Course & Qualification:||CPCS Forward Tipping Dumpers training (Red Card)|