This course is for those that as part of their work duties work with forward tipping dumpers. It is a legal requirement that those working with forward tipping dumpers should receive suitable and sufficient training for safety purposes.
This course is to train experienced operators. The course covers the following;
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator.
- Name and explain the purpose of principle components, the basic construction, controls and terminology.
- Confirm with Manufacturer’s requirements as per the operators handbook, other types of information source and the relevant regulations and legislation.
- Undertake all pre-use checks.
- Configure and ready for travel (site and highway).
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, steep inclines and level surfaces – loaded and unloaded.
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces whilst carrying loads.
- Ensure the suitability of the tipping and loading area.
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
- Position to receive loads.
- Comply with loading procedures.
- Ensure Loading integrity and security.
- Transfer loads to different locations.
- Discharge loads into trenches and over edges.
- Maintain safe and tidy working areas.
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures.
- Explain loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting
Trained operators must pass both the CPCS theory test and the practical test to achieve the red card.
|Start Dates:||Please call 0208 507 7288 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for dates|
|Course & Qualification:||CPCS Forward Tipping Dumpers Refresher training (Red Card)|