This course is for those that as part of their work duties are responsible for signaling slingers on site. The course is for novices or those who have received no formal training. It is a legal requirement that those responsible signaling slingers should receive suitable and sufficient training for safety purposes.
The course covers the following;
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a Slinger/Signaller.
- Name and explain the purpose of differing types of lifting equipment and lifting accessories, basic construction, uses and applications, characteristics and terminology.
- Confirm with Manufacturer’s requirements as per the technical data, other types of information source and the relevant regulations and legislation.
- Interpret and extract information on all relevant documentation.
- Undertake all pre-use checks on non-specialist lifting accessories and identify non-serviceable items.
- Explain procedures for placing non-serviceable items out-of-service.
- Identify centres of gravity and estimate weights of loads.
- Prepare and ready the area of operation.
- Choose the relevant lifting accessory for a given load.
- Explain action required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
- Secure various types of load to a lifting hook using the relevant lifting accessory and procedures.
- Ensure load balance, security and integrity.
- Direct and guide the movement of loads to different types of location.
- Accurately place loads.
- Arrange, use and comply with communication procedures.
- Maintain safe working conditions.
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures.
Trained operators must pass both the CPCS theory test and the practical test to achieve the red card.
|Start Dates:||Please call 0208 507 7288 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for dates|
|Course & Qualification:||CPCS Slinger Signaler training (Red Card)|