This course covers all aspects of multi skills principles and practices and is intended for those that want to gain practical skills and knowledge in order to gain entry into the professional handy man industry or develop their skills and knowledge as a professional handy man.
The course covers the following;
This hands on training course takes place in our dedicated Tiling training centre where there is the option to tile in real Bathrooms and Kitchens. We use a vast range of tiling products using only Rubi tiling tools and we have the facilities to teach you every area of Tiling. This initial course will cover:
• Setting out your tiling work.
• Explaining all the different adhesives used for different surfaces.
• Demonstrating all the tools required.
• Cutting tiles using wet tile cutters, dry tile cutters, tile scribes, tile snips and tile saws.
• Explaining tiling involving Borders, Diamonds and Patterns.
• How to cut around windows and reveals.
• How to cope with tiling difficult areas such as uneven walls.
• How to tile angled ceilings and socket areas.
• How to tile splash-backs.
• How to tile around boxed in pipes.
This is a very popular training option and is delivered in spacious settings and will allow you to fit a complete kitchen from start to finish including cutting your own worktops. We will also cover:
• Selecting the right units for a kitchen, reading manufacturers scale drawing and the planning of a basic kitchen layout
• Marking, Setting out and levelling of units to a datum line
• Assembling and Fixing base and wall units
• Practice scribing then cutting of a 45 90 degree masons mitres using a work top jig and router
• Cutting inserts for sink and hobs in worktops.
• Hanging doors and templates for fitting of door furniture.
• Marking, cutting and fixing of cornice pelmet and plinth.
• You will also cover health and safety along with the requirement for Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE), and the building regulations applicable to kitchen fitting in respect of electrics and water.
This Carpentry training centre is without doubt the biggest and best equipped in the country. The options for learning here are endless. An intensive 5 days of carpentry will cover:
• Use hand tools such as chisels, planes etc.
• Cut basic joints
• Cut and fit dado rails, architraves, skirtings and doorstops
• Erect a stud-wall
• Fit a door lining/frame
• Hang a door
• Fit a Lock
Always a popular training option, this course is entirely hands on and is delivered with reality in mind from extremely experienced and very real Plumbers. The course covers:
• Practical health and safety
• Plumbing systems and fittings
• Soldering techniques
• Jointing, bending and pressure testing copper tube
• Plumbing pipe work
• Copper pipe work skills
• Valves, taps, cisterns, and cylinders
• Plastic Tube installation
• Plumbing systems
• Domestic plumbing systems
• Bathroom installation
• Soil and waste pipes
• Installing Radiators
• Fault Finding
You will be laying bricks within the first hour and will be amazed at what you can produce by day 5. We will teach you:
• Set out building lines
• Brick and block work
• Ensure your walls are square and vertical
• Build a corner, a pillar, a pier and a cavity wall.
• Bricklaying bonds eg: English Bond, Flemish Bond and Stretcher Bond
• Pointing for face work
• Put in a damp course
• Put in lintels and windows
Again, a Plastering centre which has facilities far out weighing any other training centre. This centre can teach you plastering to incredible levels but to start, our 5 day course will cover:
• To cut and fix plaster board to walls and ceilings.
• To tape standard and internal joints.
• To cut and fix angle beads around windows and reveals.
• To prepare surfaces before plastering using bonding plaster and finishing plaster, ensuring a flat finished surface ready for decorating.
• To mix plastering materials.
• To skim walls.
• To skim ceilings.
• To apply PVA adhesive Unibond to existing surfaces.
This Electrical training centre is equipped with an abundance of workshop training bays, classrooms and a designated computer suite should you ever look to gain Electrical qualifications. To get you started, this 5 day introduction to understanding Electrical installations will cover:
• Applicable Building Regulations
• Electrical Safety legislation, regulations standards and terminology
• Safe isolation procedures
• Identification of unsafe electrical situations
• Earthing and bonding requirements
• Electrical test procedures
• Cable and component selection
• Installation and replacement of electrical components
• Checking the correct and safe operation of installed electrical components
• Recording of electrical test results and completion of certification
• Installing and/or rerouting cables
• Special Locations
• New circuit requirements
• Lighting installations
Painting & Decorating:
This training course covers every aspect of P&D and with the small class sizes, provides excellent learning opportunities. In this initial training course, you will be taught:
• Health and Safety, PPE and safe working practices
• Correct use of tools and equipment used in this trade
• Preparation of new and old surfaces ready for painting
• Repairing imperfections in walls and wood ready for painting
• Application of water based products such as primers, undercoats, emulsion and eggshell using brushes and rollers
• Application of oil based products
• Cutting around obstructions, openings, fittings such as radiators, windows, sockets and switches
• How to use a roller effectively
• Cutting, pasting and hanging wallpaper
|Start Dates:||Please call 0208 507 7288 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for dates|
|Course & Qualification:||Handyman (Level 2 qualification)|
On completion of the course we follow up with our students on their next step. Our dedicated career advisors go through all the options that are available to the individual candidate for career development. We assess and help to identify further training needs if relevant or assist them to find work. Our next step activities include but are not limited to;
- Help with writing their CV
- Interviewing tips and practice
- Training candidates on how to use electronic media for work search activities
- Referrals and Introductions to partner and associate companies for work trails, apprenticeships and employment
- Identifying and enrolling candidates on relevant courses top further improve employability skills
- Providing free introduction courses to building enterprises and setting up small businesses
- Introducing relevant candidates to partner and associate companies for further enterprise assistance and funding