This course covers all aspects of tiling skills and techniques that are needed to start a career as a professional tiler. This high level training is given by our qualified instructors in our purpose built technical centers.
No previous experience is required to take part in this course but the completion of our introductory course to tiling will be helpful.
You will receive a City & Guilds Level 1 qualification and cover the following
• Prime areas to receive tiling
• Setting out your tiling work.
• Explaining all the different adhesives used for different surfaces.
• Demonstrating all the tools required.
• Cutting tiles using wet tile cutters, dry tile cutters, tile snips and tile saws.
• Explaining tiling involving Borders, Diamonds and Patterns.
• How to cut around windows and reveals.
• How to cope with tiling difficult areas such as uneven walls.
• How to tile angled ceilings and socket areas.
• How to tile splash-backs.
• How to tile around boxed in pipes.
- Prime areas to receive tiling
- Build speed and precision
- Patterns including diamond pattern to wall and floor areas
- Estimate tile quantities required for each individual job
- Use of washboys
- Use of laser lines/levels
- How to prepare a quote
Practical activities will enable the candidate to:
- Prepare floor and wall to receive tiles
- Fix Straight edge and check for level
- Apply adhesives
- Fix tiles
- Apply Grouting
- Clean tools, equipment
Underpinning knowledge will enable the candidate to:
- State the health & safety implications of using powdered materials and ready mixed adhesives
- State the need for use of PPE and SSOW
- Give reasons for levels and straight edges
- Identify types of tiles
- Give reasons for grouting
- Give reasons for gaps when applying tiles
- State the need for a clean and tidy work area
- Prepare a risk assessment for the tiling activity
- Prepare a method statement for the tiling activity
This course also includes:
- How to cope with more difficult obstacles such as pipes for shower attachments and toilet wastes
- Tile with different materials including mosaics
- Learn the correct procedure to remove and replace damaged existing tiles with new tiles
- Undertake a demonstration of how to lay and fit under-floor heating
- Undertake a demonstration of how to install uncoupling membranes
|Start Dates:||Please call 0208 507 7288 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for dates|
|Course & Qualification:||Plumbing (City & Guilds Level 1 qualification)|
On completion of the course we follow up with our students on their next step. Our dedicated career advisors go through all the options that are available to the individual candidate for career development. We assess and help to identify further training needs if relevant or assist them to find work. Our next step activities include but are not limited to;
- Help with writing their CV
- Interviewing tips and practice
- Training candidates on how to use electronic media for work search activities
- Referrals and Introductions to partner and associate companies for work trails, apprenticeships and employment
- Identifying and enrolling candidates on relevant courses top further improve employability skills
- Providing free introduction courses to building enterprises and setting up small businesses
- Introducing relevant candidates to partner and associate companies for further enterprise assistance and funding