What does the qualification cover?
The course is designed to give you basic hands on knowledge of a range of vocational areas within:
Video Production – this includes location filming, and video editing techniques
Photography – this includes studio and location photography and digital and darkroom techniques.
Multimedia experience – this will include a range of interactive media work using text, images and sound.
In addition you will study 4 core units designed to extend your understanding of how the Media works:
Research for Creative Media Production
Communication Techniques for Creative Media Production
The creative Media Sector
Media Audiences and Products
Who is it suitable for?
This course is for anyone who is serious about a career in media production
What are the entry requirements?
At least three GCSEs at grade D or above, one of which must be the written component of English Language or appropriate work experience.
How is it assessed?
All the assessment is through set assignments. You will produce a Final Major Project towards the end of the course.
|Start Dates:||Please call 0208 507 7288 or email for dates|
|Course & Qualification:||Level 2 award in Creative Media Production|
|Progression route||This course will help you develop a range of skills that can help you find employment or can take you onto the level 3 course.|
On completion of the course we follow up with our students on their next step. Our dedicated career advisors go through all the options that are available to the individual candidate for career development. We assess and help to identify further training needs if relevant or assist them to find work. Our next step activities include but are not limited to;
- Help with writing their CV
- Interviewing tips and practice
- Training candidates on how to use electronic media for work search activities
- Referrals and Introductions to partner and associate companies for work trails, apprenticeships and employment
- Identifying and enrolling candidates on relevant courses top further improve employability skills
- Providing free introduction courses to building enterprises and setting up small businesses
- Introducing relevant candidates to partner and associate companies for further enterprise assistance and funding