What does the qualification cover?
You will study 5 core units which are common with all BTEC art and design based courses. These provide an opportunity to learn in the areas of drawing and ideas development, as well as historical and contextual influences. In addition you will learn practical skills using a wide range of technical resources. Students will be taught using industry standard software including Adobe’s Flash, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, and 3D packages including Bryce and Maya. You will have opportunities to make videos and to explore the basics of traditional animation for example stop motion and hand drawn animations
Who is it suitable for?
For anyone who is interested in 2D and 3D animation as well as website design and interactive media?
What are the entry requirements?
You will normally need to have at least one of the following:
- At least four GCSEs grade A* – C
– Level 2 Diploma at Merit grade
All suitable applicants will be invited to an interview
How is it assessed?
Workshops, tutorials, lectures, seminars and exhibitions run throughout the two years of the course to support your studio work. Information technology and presentation skills are embedded throughout the course. Assessment is continuous and teaching methods include case studies, essays, presentations, assignments and projects.
|Start Dates:||Please call 0208 507 7288 or email for dates|
|Course & Qualification:||Level 3 Award in Animation|
|Progression route||This course provides an excellent opportunity to progress to university for those looking for exciting careers in animation, games design, video effects and website design.|
On completion of the course we follow up with our students on their next step. Our dedicated career advisors go through all the options that are available to the individual candidate for career development. We assess and help to identify further training needs if relevant or assist them to find work. Our next step activities include but are not limited to;
- Help with writing their CV
- Interviewing tips and practice
- Training candidates on how to use electronic media for work search activities
- Referrals and Introductions to partner and associate companies for work trails, apprenticeships and employment
- Identifying and enrolling candidates on relevant courses top further improve employability skills
- Providing free introduction courses to building enterprises and setting up small businesses
- Introducing relevant candidates to partner and associate companies for further enterprise assistance and funding