What does the qualification cover?
This one-year Higher National Certificate has a vocational emphasis and enables you to develop your skills in painting, drawing, printmaking, sculpture, lens based and digital media. You will also gain valuable experience in a professional context through a well developed professional exhibition programme. You will be given the opportunity to exhibit, promote and sell your artwork in external galleries and at the interim and Final Diploma Showcase exhibitions within the college.
The course puts a special emphasis on the acquisition of skills in painting, drawing, printmaking and sculpture. It is practice-based and work-based. It aims to develop your creative potential as an individual and as a collaborator.
Who is it suitable for?
This course is for those who are enthusiastic about fine art and want to embark on a career in this industry.
What are the entry requirements?
BTEC National Diploma, GNVQ Art and Design, two relevant A level passes in an art or design related subject or BTEC Diploma Foundation in Art and Design. Applications from mature students with appropriate experience are welcome. Selection is by interview and appraisal of your portfoilio.
How is it assessed?
Workshops, tutorials, lectures, seminars and exhibitions run throughout the two years of the course to support your studio work. Information technology and presentation skills are embedded throughout the course. Assessment is continuous and teaching methods include case studies, essays, presentations, assignments and projects.
|Start Dates:||Please call 0208 507 7288 or email for dates|
|Course & Qualification:||Level 4 Award in Fine Art|
|Progression route||This qualification can open doors for employment or take you on to further study at higher levels.|
On completion of the course we follow up with our students on their next step. Our dedicated career advisors go through all the options that are available to the individual candidate for career development. We assess and help to identify further training needs if relevant or assist them to find work. Our next step activities include but are not limited to;
- Help with writing their CV
- Interviewing tips and practice
- Training candidates on how to use electronic media for work search activities
- Referrals and Introductions to partner and associate companies for work trails, apprenticeships and employment
- Identifying and enrolling candidates on relevant courses top further improve employability skills
- Providing free introduction courses to building enterprises and setting up small businesses
- Introducing relevant candidates to partner and associate companies for further enterprise assistance and funding