The need for an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) stems from the EU Energy Performance of Buildings Directive which requires that all properties sold or let must have EPC. It has been estimated that 2.5 million homes that are being rented, let, sold or being built are to have an Energy Assessment in the coming 12 months alone. This alone gives one the number of Domestic Energy Assessors needed to do the job.
From 10th September, 2007 HIP (Home Information Packs) have been extended to include houses of three bedrooms and more. Presently there are now 4000 accredited energy assessors; all making a healthy living from this new career opportunity. You could be one of them in a few weeks’ time. You could either be a full time or a part-time Domestic Energy Assessor enjoying a lucrative and a rewarding new career.
The course reflects on both the theory and practical aspects of Domestic Energy Assessment and gives candidates a critical and analytical perspective for understanding the challenges involved in working as a Domestic Energy Assessor. During the course, your lecturer will be visiting with you to homes/houses teaching you how the assessment is done. You will then do 5 of such assessment yourself and produce information packs accordingly.
|Start Dates:||Please call 0208 507 7288 or email email@example.com for dates|
|Course & Qualification:||Domestic Energy Assessor Certificate (Level 3 City & Guilds)|
On completion of the course we follow up with our students on their next step. Our dedicated career advisors go through all the options that are available to the individual candidate for career development. We assess and help to identify further training needs if relevant or assist them to find work. Our next step activities include but are not limited to;
- Help with writing their CV
- Interviewing tips and practice
- Training candidates on how to use electronic media for work search activities
- Referrals and Introductions to partner and associate companies for work trails, apprenticeships and employment
- Identifying and enrolling candidates on relevant courses top further improve employability skills
- Providing free introduction courses to building enterprises and setting up small businesses
- Introducing relevant candidates to partner and associate companies for further enterprise assistance and funding