Interested in the growing renewable energies sector? This course gives you an awareness of the Renewable Technologies, what they are, what the technology involves, what practically is required, the science, the equipment, the whole topic discussed and demonstrated.
It is ideal if you simply want to get grounding in renewable energy technology and is particularly useful for those working in the industry but not hands on with installation.
This 1 day course is for anyone who wants to gain the knowledge and understanding of Renewable Energies. If you have just joined a company that works in this sector and want to learn a basic understanding of renewable energy technologies and principles then this course is ideal. It is particularly useful for marketing staff, sales people and admin staff.
The course covers the following Content
This course will give you grounding in the following technologies:
- Solar PV Panels
- Solar Thermal
- Wind turbines
- Air/ Ground source heat pumps.
- Rainwater Harvesting
- Grey Water Harvesting
- Micro CHP (Combined Heat & Power)
The purpose of this course is to give you awareness, not the ability to install; you can of course take the actual installation courses.
You will also gain an understanding of some of the key issues that span all technologies such as:
- Feed in tariffs
- Renewable Heat Incentive
- The Green Deal
- Understanding the MCS (Microgeneration Certification Scheme)
- Working at heights/manual handling
|Start Dates:||Please call 0208 507 7288 or email email@example.com for dates|
|Course & Qualification:||Renewable Energies Awareness course (City & Guilds)|
On completion of the course we follow up with our students on their next step. Our dedicated career advisors go through all the options that are available to the individual candidate for career development. We assess and help to identify further training needs if relevant or assist them to find work. Our next step activities include but are not limited to;
- Help with writing their CV
- Interviewing tips and practice
- Training candidates on how to use electronic media for work search activities
- Referrals and Introductions to partner and associate companies for work trails, apprenticeships and employment
- Identifying and enrolling candidates on relevant courses top further improve employability skills
- Providing free introduction courses to building enterprises and setting up small businesses
- Introducing relevant candidates to partner and associate companies for further enterprise assistance and funding