What does the qualification cover?
Computers are essential to business operations and this course will give you a great grounding. You will learn about computer systems and networks, software applications and how they are essential to the business world today. From web design through to databases and spreadsheets this course is very comprehensive.
You will also cover the history of IT, legal framework, business systems and how hardward and software work together.
Who is it suitable for?
This course is designed for mature students (aged 19 and over) who would like to study IT at university or move straight into a job in the industry.
What are the entry requirements?
You must be a mature student, aged 19 or over, but don’t worry if you do not have formal qualifications. Please apply anyway and we will work with you to make sure you are on the right course
How is it assessed?
The various types of study including: Class meetings, discussion groups, project work, assignments and
|Start Dates:||Please call 0208 507 7288 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for dates|
|Course & Qualification:||Higher National Diploma in Computing|
|Progression route||Successful students will be able to progress to a range of Higher Education courses in Universities|
On completion of the course we follow up with our students on their next step. Our dedicated career advisors go through all the options that are available to the individual candidate for career development. We assess and help to identify further training needs if relevant or assist them to find work. Our next step activities include but are not limited to;
- Help with writing their CV
- Interviewing tips and practice
- Training candidates on how to use electronic media for work search activities
- Referrals and Introductions to partner and associate companies for work trails, apprenticeships and employment
- Identifying and enrolling candidates on relevant courses top further improve employability skills
- Providing free introduction courses to building enterprises and setting up small businesses
- Introducing relevant candidates to partner and associate companies for further enterprise assistance and funding