What does the qualification cover?
- Learners will cover a variety of units including:-
- Design Software – Learn how to create exciting images using design software
- Desktop Publishing Software – creating brochures and leaflets
- IT Communication Fundamentals – Using tools and techniques to find information
- Imaging Software – Inputting, manipulation of imaging software tools
- Using email to learn skills and techniques to use a range of email software tools
- Presentation Software – Using range of presentation software tools and techniques to include images, animation and sound
- Using Mobile IT Devices – Using your mobile to input/store and transfer data to another device
- Word Processing Software – You will be able to use word processing software tools and techniques to produce documents
- Website Software – Using pre-set templates to create webpages using website software tools.
- Improving Productivity Using IT – this will help you plan, evaluate and improve your procedures using IT tools
- Optimising IT System Perforamce learning to maintain hardware and software
- Audio Software – knowing how to use a range of basic audio software tools
- Video Software – using a range of basic video software tools and techniques
- Multimedia software – using a range of basic multimedia tools and techniques
- Internet safety for IT Users – using a software application designed for creating, editing and production of text documents
- Learners are also expected to study literacy and numeracy to ensure you are able to progress
- The qualification aims to give you a practical hands-on approach to IT applications and devices
Who is it suitable for?
This qualification is designed for learners who are interested in using IT and working in IT in the future. The course gives you a broad introduction to the uses and applications of IT and digital devices.
What are the entry requirements?
You should have an interest in ICT and a basic understanding of literacy and numeracy
How is it assessed?
There will be various methods of assessment throughout the course to ensure you are able to progress. You will also be supported in your literacy and numeracy skills if need be
|Start Dates:||Please call 0208 507 7288 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for dates|
|Course & Qualification:||Level 1 Award for IT Users|
|Progression route||This course provides a strong base for a smooth progression to higher level IT courses|
On completion of the course we follow up with our students on their next step. Our dedicated career advisors go through all the options that are available to the individual candidate for career development. We assess and help to identify further training needs if relevant or assist them to find work. Our next step activities include but are not limited to;
- Help with writing their CV
- Interviewing tips and practice
- Training candidates on how to use electronic media for work search activities
- Referrals and Introductions to partner and associate companies for work trails, apprenticeships and employment
- Identifying and enrolling candidates on relevant courses top further improve employability skills
- Providing free introduction courses to building enterprises and setting up small businesses
- Introducing relevant candidates to partner and associate companies for further enterprise assistance and funding