What does the qualification cover?
The 7 core units that you will be studying are:
Communications in IT Industry*
Working in the Industry*
Who is it suitable for?
Anyone who is interested in IT communications.
What are the entry requirements?
Applicants are expected to have gained at least 4 GCSEs at grade D or GNVQ Foundation in Information Technology (overall Merit preferred).
Applicants with equivalent qualifications will also be considered.
How is it assessed?
Students work is evaluated throughout the course by continuous assessment, comprising of assignments, observed practical skills, which contribute towards a portfolio of evidence
|Start Dates:||Please call 0208 507 7288 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for dates|
|Course & Qualification:||Level 2 Award in ICT|
|Duration:||Usually 1 year|
|Progression route||You can progress to level 3 course in IT or seek employment with this qualification.|
On completion of the course we follow up with our students on their next step. Our dedicated career advisors go through all the options that are available to the individual candidate for career development. We assess and help to identify further training needs if relevant or assist them to find work. Our next step activities include but are not limited to;
- Help with writing their CV
- Interviewing tips and practice
- Training candidates on how to use electronic media for work search activities
- Referrals and Introductions to partner and associate companies for work trails, apprenticeships and employment
- Identifying and enrolling candidates on relevant courses top further improve employability skills
- Providing free introduction courses to building enterprises and setting up small businesses
- Introducing relevant candidates to partner and associate companies for further enterprise assistance and funding