What does the qualification cover?
This hands-on course covers the fundamentals of this much-in-demand area yet includes the all important theory too. You will also be introduced to the fundamentals of related areas of the IT Sector, including employability skills, enabling you with an insight into an industry currently with more vacancies than people.
Web Fundamentals and Web Development
E-Commerce and Doing Business On-line
Project Planning using IT
Working in the IT Industry
Mobile Communication Technnologies
This programme is designed to provide you with a springboard to more advanced courses, such as a BTEC Level 3 in IT Practictioners or a more specialised course such as Web Development, Project Management or E-Commerce. Please contact the ICT Sector for more information about these courses
Who is it suitable for?
Anyone who is interested in online businesses
What are the entry requirements?
A minimum of a level 1 course in an IT Programme or suitable experience determined upon interview.
How is it assessed?
Students will be required to complete a portfolio for each module undertaken. This will lead to a Level 2 Certificate in ICT Systems and Principle
|Start Dates:||Please call 0208 507 7288 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for dates|
|Course & Qualification:||certificate in Doing Business On-line (E-Commerce)|
|Duration:||Usually 1 year|
|Progression route||This course will naturally lead onto BTEC Level 3 in IT Practictioners or a Diploma at Level 2.You may also be able to enrol onto one of the following courses:
Web Development, Project Management or E-Commerce
On completion of the course we follow up with our students on their next step. Our dedicated career advisors go through all the options that are available to the individual candidate for career development. We assess and help to identify further training needs if relevant or assist them to find work. Our next step activities include but are not limited to;
- Help with writing their CV
- Interviewing tips and practice
- Training candidates on how to use electronic media for work search activities
- Referrals and Introductions to partner and associate companies for work trails, apprenticeships and employment
- Identifying and enrolling candidates on relevant courses top further improve employability skills
- Providing free introduction courses to building enterprises and setting up small businesses
- Introducing relevant candidates to partner and associate companies for further enterprise assistance and funding