What does the qualification cover?
The course covers Conducting District Judge or High Court Master Applications; Representation in the Small Claims Court; Assisting Counsel in Civil and Criminal Trials; Immigration Interviews and Hearings; Police Station Attendances (this is not the Police Station Accreditation Course).
This course provides practical training to give you an insight into the legal profession and the nature of the work you may be called upon to perform. It is also designed to promote confidence to enhance your chance of finding work.
Who is it suitable for?
This course is suitable for anyone who wants a career as a paralegal or would like to develop a career within law.
What are the entry requirements?
The course is open to School Leavers, Legal Support Staff, Undergraduates, Graduates and Career Changers.
Students are expected to have good English speaking, comprehension and writing skills.
e.g. ESOL Level 2, GCSE English
How is it assessed?
A written assignment of 40 questions to be submitted after doing the four day course.
On passing your assessment you will be issued with your Certificate and a ‘Guide to finding work as a freelance Paralegal’.
|Start Dates:||Please call 0208 507 7288 or email for dates|
|Course & Qualification:||Legal Office Management Practical Skills|
|Progression route||This course will give you employment opportunities as well as give you a pathway to higher level legal courses|
On completion of the course we follow up with our students on their next step. Our dedicated career advisors go through all the options that are available to the individual candidate for career development. We assess and help to identify further training needs if relevant or assist them to find work. Our next step activities include but are not limited to;
- Help with writing their CV
- Interviewing tips and practice
- Training candidates on how to use electronic media for work search activities
- Referrals and Introductions to partner and associate companies for work trails, apprenticeships and employment
- Identifying and enrolling candidates on relevant courses top further improve employability skills
- Providing free introduction courses to building enterprises and setting up small businesses
- Introducing relevant candidates to partner and associate companies for further enterprise assistance and funding