What does the qualification cover?
This qualiﬁcation develops a basic knowledge of the adult social care sector. It covers the type of job roles and services within it, the role of communication and the importance of valuing the individuals being cared for.
Who is it suitable for?
Anyone who is thinking about a career in adult health and social care.
What are the entry requirements?
You should be at least 14 years old. CACHE does not set any other entry requirements but colleges or training providers may have their own guidelines.
How many credits are required to complete it?
The Award requires 6 credits.
How is it assessed?
It will be assessed by your tutor or assessor using a range of methods. This could include tasks set by CACHE such as designing charts or leaﬂets, coursework or methods such as oral questioning.
Do you need to be working to take the qualification?
No, this is a knowledge only qualiﬁcation.
|Start Dates:||Please call 0208 507 7288 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for dates|
|Course & Qualification:||Level 1 award in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care|
|Progression route||The Level 2 Certiﬁcate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care or the Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care.|
On completion of the course we follow up with our students on their next step. Our dedicated career advisors go through all the options that are available to the individual candidate for career development. We assess and help to identify further training needs if relevant or assist them to find work. Our next step activities include but are not limited to;
- Help with writing their CV
- Interviewing tips and practice
- Training candidates on how to use electronic media for work search activities
- Referrals and Introductions to partner and associate companies for work trails, apprenticeships and employment
- Identifying and enrolling candidates on relevant courses top further improve employability skills
- Providing free introduction courses to building enterprises and setting up small businesses
- Introducing relevant candidates to partner and associate companies for further enterprise assistance and funding