What does the qualification cover?
This qualiﬁcation provides the ﬁrst aid skills needed to administer paediatric ﬁrst aid in the workplace – either when working in children’s settings or in a domestic environment. It covers the more common illnesses that occur in children as well as the types of incidents and accidents that could happen. It also includes how to deal with these situations in a safe and appropriate manner.
Who is it suitable for?
Anyone who has to deliver ﬁrst aid as part of their role in either childcare settings or in domestic environments.
What are the entry requirements?
You should be at least 16 years old. CACHE does not set any other entry requirements but colleges or training providers may have their own guidelines.
How many credits are required to complete it?
The Award requires 2 credits.
How is it assessed?
It will be assessed by your tutor or assessor using a range of methods. Elements such as CPR, dealing with severe choking and recovery positions will be assessed by practical demonstrations on infant or child manikins. Other methods could include professional discussion, written assignments or multiple choice questions.
Do you need to be working to take the qualification?
No, but you will need to demonstrate practical skills to complete the qualiﬁcation.
|Start Dates:||Please call 0208 507 7288 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for dates|
|Course & Qualification:||Level 2 Award in Pediatric First Aid|
|Progression route||The units that make up this qualiﬁcation also appear in the Level 2 Certiﬁcate for the Children and Young People’s Workforce so it provides direct progression route to the Certiﬁcate.|
On completion of the course we follow up with our students on their next step. Our dedicated career advisors go through all the options that are available to the individual candidate for career development. We assess and help to identify further training needs if relevant or assist them to find work. Our next step activities include but are not limited to;
- Help with writing their CV
- Interviewing tips and practice
- Training candidates on how to use electronic media for work search activities
- Referrals and Introductions to partner and associate companies for work trails, apprenticeships and employment
- Identifying and enrolling candidates on relevant courses top further improve employability skills
- Providing free introduction courses to building enterprises and setting up small businesses
- Introducing relevant candidates to partner and associate companies for further enterprise assistance and funding