What does the qualification cover?
This qualiﬁcation provides the knowledge needed to understand the health, social care and children and young people’s sector and the roles in it. It covers a wide range of topics including employment law, legislation and procedures, and personal development.
It is a must have for anyone taking either the Level 2 or Level 3 Health and Social Care or Children and Young People’s Apprenticeships.
Who is it suitable for?
Anyone who wants to work, or has just started working in the health and social care or children and young people’s sectors in England and Northern Ireland.
What are the entry requirements?
You should be at least 16 years old. CACHE does not set any other entry requirements but colleges or training providers may have their own guidelines.
How many credits are required to complete it?
The Award requires 3 credits.
How is it assessed?
It will be assessed by your tutor or assessor using a range of methods. This could include written assignments, scenario or case study or a task set by CACHE.
Do you need to be working to take the qualification?
No, as this is a knowledge only qualiﬁcation.
|Start Dates:||Please call 0208 507 7288 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for dates|
|Course & Qualification:||Level 2 Award in Employment Responsibilities and Rights in Health, Social Care or Children and Young People’s Settings|
|Progression route||The Level 2 Certiﬁcate for the Children and Young People’s Workforce, the Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care or Level 3 equivalents if taken as part of Level 3 Apprenticeships.|
On completion of the course we follow up with our students on their next step. Our dedicated career advisors go through all the options that are available to the individual candidate for career development. We assess and help to identify further training needs if relevant or assist them to find work. Our next step activities include but are not limited to;
- Help with writing their CV
- Interviewing tips and practice
- Training candidates on how to use electronic media for work search activities
- Referrals and Introductions to partner and associate companies for work trails, apprenticeships and employment
- Identifying and enrolling candidates on relevant courses top further improve employability skills
- Providing free introduction courses to building enterprises and setting up small businesses
- Introducing relevant candidates to partner and associate companies for further enterprise assistance and funding