What does the qualification cover?
This qualiﬁcation develops the knowledge and awareness of the causes of infection and how these can be managed and controlled. It has been speciﬁcally designed for the health and social care sector and covers preventing the spread of infection, cleaning and waste disposal processes and current legislation.
It shares units with the Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care and the credits can be carried over and counted towards the Diploma without the need to repeat learning.
Who is it suitable for?
Anyone wanting to work as health care assistants, health care workers or social care workers
in local authority or private care environments.
What are the entry requirements?
You should be at least 14 years old. CACHE does not set any other entry requirements but colleges or training providers may have their own guidelines.
How many credits are required to complete it?
The Award requires 7 credits.
How is it assessed?
It will be assessed by your tutor or assessor using a range of methods. This could include: written assignments or tasks such as designing a leaﬂet or booklet, charts or diagrams or setting up an information board.
Do you need to be working to take the qualification?
No, as this is a knowledge only qualiﬁcation
|Start Dates:||Please call 0208 507 7288 or email email@example.com for dates|
|Course & Qualification:||
Award in the Prevention and Control of Infection
|Progression route||The Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care.|
On completion of the course we follow up with our students on their next step. Our dedicated career advisors go through all the options that are available to the individual candidate for career development. We assess and help to identify further training needs if relevant or assist them to find work. Our next step activities include but are not limited to;
- Help with writing their CV
- Interviewing tips and practice
- Training candidates on how to use electronic media for work search activities
- Referrals and Introductions to partner and associate companies for work trails, apprenticeships and employment
- Identifying and enrolling candidates on relevant courses top further improve employability skills
- Providing free introduction courses to building enterprises and setting up small businesses
- Introducing relevant candidates to partner and associate companies for further enterprise assistance and funding