What do the qualifications cover?
These professional development qualifications build on the knowledge and skills gained in the Level 2 Award and Certificate in Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities.
Both share the same units and include: the nature and characteristics of learning disability, support, legislation, communication and planning.
Who are they suitable for?
Both qualifications are aimed at managers, unsupervised carers or senior level workers that who come into contact with or be supporting individuals with learning disabilities as part of their job role.
What are the entry requirements?
You should be at least 16 years old. CACHE does not set any other entry requirements but colleges or training providers may have their own guidelines.
How many credits are required to complete them?
The Award requires 12 credits and the Certificate requires 23. Credits from the Award can be carried over and counted towards the Certificate.
How are they assessed?
They will be assessed by your tutor or assessor using a range of methods. This could include direct observation in the workplace, a portfolio of evidence, written assignments or a task set by CACHE.
Do you need to be working to take these qualifications?
Yes, you will need to be working, volunteering or on practical placement as you need to show competence in both knowledge and skills.
|Start Dates:||Please call 0208 507 7288 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for dates|
|Course & Qualification:||
Level 3 Award and Certificate in Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities
|Progression route||The Certificate provides a direct progression route to Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care.|
On completion of the course we follow up with our students on their next step. Our dedicated career advisors go through all the options that are available to the individual candidate for career development. We assess and help to identify further training needs if relevant or assist them to find work. Our next step activities include but are not limited to;
- Help with writing their CV
- Interviewing tips and practice
- Training candidates on how to use electronic media for work search activities
- Referrals and Introductions to partner and associate companies for work trails, apprenticeships and employment
- Identifying and enrolling candidates on relevant courses top further improve employability skills
- Providing free introduction courses to building enterprises and setting up small businesses
- Introducing relevant candidates to partner and associate companies for further enterprise assistance and funding