As a receptionist, you are one of the most important people in the organisation you are serving. You represent all that the company is about, and you have to be trained to understand what the company stands for, and how you are going to give off the best impression to anyone who visits, or calls.
Some of the qualities you need to have to do this very important job include: maintaining a calm, courteous and professional attitude despite the visitor’s behavior You are also expected to be attentive, have initiative, be well groomed in appearance, loyal and be discreet.
In addition to the above, by the end of the course you will be very capable, confident and enthusiastic in this very important profession. The areas you will be covering are:
- First impressions, Welcoming visitors, Salutation – using your best voice, Manners and Etiquette, Communication, Active Listening and Body Language; Telephone Techniques; Responsibilities of the Receptionist, Looking after the reception area; Answering Callers in a positive way.
- Handling Complaints, Handling difficult customers, Taking down messages, Leaving Messages, Avoidance of Confrontation, Promoting the Good image of the organisation., Dealing with Aggressive behaviour
- Assertiveness and Good Service, Taking Enquiries, Handling Conversations, Dress code, Professional bearing, Use of cosmetics; Smiling through talking, Attention to detail, Coping with pressure
Who needs such a course? People looking for a meaningful position in a company, experienced front line receptionists and assistants who need to improve on their dealings with the public.
|Start Dates:||Please call 0208 507 7288 or email email@example.com for dates|
|Course & Qualification:||Certificate in Reception Skills|
On completion of the course we follow up with our students on their next step. Our dedicated career advisors go through all the options that are available to the individual candidate for career development. We assess and help to identify further training needs if relevant or assist them to find work. Our next step activities include but are not limited to;
- Help with writing their CV
- Interviewing tips and practice
- Training candidates on how to use electronic media for work search activities
- Referrals and Introductions to partner and associate companies for work trails, apprenticeships and employment
- Identifying and enrolling candidates on relevant courses top further improve employability skills
- Providing free introduction courses to building enterprises and setting up small businesses
- Introducing relevant candidates to partner and associate companies for further enterprise assistance and funding